Friday 22 April 2011

Chris Port Blog #230. The Snow Queen (Scene 7: The Answer)

© Chris Port, 2004

SCENE: 7
CHARACTERS: PRINCESS, STRANGER
ACTION: THE ANSWER.

SUDDENLY, WITHOUT BEING ANNOUNCED, ANOTHER CONTESTANT ENTERS WITH BRAZEN CONFIDENCE.

PRINCESS
Who’s this? How dare you enter unannounced! How rude and… strangely attractive. Who are you?

STRANGER
My name, sweet princess, is as unimportant as I am. I have not come to woo you, or bore you with solutions. I have come to sit at your feet and hear your wisdom. For a woman wants nothing more than to be listened to.

PRINCESS
Oh what a perfect answer! I can see that you and I are going to get along famously! And I just can’t wait for those long winter nights!
SHE LOOKS TO ONE SIDE.
You can tell me one thing, though. Why has a crow been eavesdropping the whole time?

THE STRANGER OPENS HIS MOUTH TO ANSWER –

No comments:

Post a Comment