© Chris Port, 16th July 2011
Inspired by The Essex Bible Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Essex-Bible/207392709306736#!/pages/The-Essex-Bible/207392709306736?sk=wall
- Thou shalt ripen thy skin as an orange in the sun.
- Thou shalt tincture thy hair as t’were a flaxen doll.
- Thy skirt must be modest - no more than a hand span.
- Thy bosom must swell with gelatinous wonder.
- Thy heels should soar, thy steps should be brief.
- With the breeze of molasses shalt thou honour Bacchus.
- With thy strumpet japes shalt thou honour Priapus.
- With thy chimpanzee mirth shalt thou dismember the Colobus.
- Thou shalt spend thy pennies in the doors of merchants.
- Thou shalt not suffer a bitch to live.