Saturday 16 April 2011

Chris Port Blog #199. 'The Party' Scene 15. In the garden about Dan.

© Chris Port, 1994. All rights reserved.

Scene 15.
Narrator, Monica, Louise.
In the garden about Dan.

NARRATOR
Sorry. I just thought I’d better let you know. While all this has been going on, Dan’s just turned up. He came in with Brenda and went looking for Monica. Somebody’s told her by the sound of it.

MONICA
Louise! Out in the garden! Now!

(Monica and Louise go out into the garden. They disturb a snogging couple).

MONICA
(To snogging couple). Excuse me. Could you go and do that somewhere else, please? (The snogging couple exit. She calls after them). Not in the bedrooms!

LOUISE
Monny...

MONICA
What’s Dan doing here?

LOUISE
Monny...

MONICA
It’s you and Brenda, isn’t it? I wondered where she kept disappearing to. You asked her to bring Dan, didn’t you?

LOUISE
Monny... I was just trying to help.

MONICA
It’s nothing to do with you. Why can’t you just leave things alone?

LOUISE
I’m sorry. I just thought you might sort it out.

MONICA
Sort what out?

LOUISE
I don’t know. Whatever it is you won’t tell me.

MONICA
Great! What am I supposed to do now?

LOUISE
You are going to talk to him, aren’t you? I mean, you’re not going to just ignore him?

MONICA
I haven’t got much choice now, have I?

LOUISE
Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment