Tuesday 15 February 2011

Chris Port Blog #98. The Post-Postmodern World - O scared new world that has such people in it!

The Post-Postmodern World
O scared new world that has such people in it!


O scared new world that has such people in it! ...

David Hasselhoff sings atop a rotten wall. It collapses in awe. Geriatric politburos topple out of their wheelchairs in shock. Capitalism declares victory. F**k me if ol’ Fukuyama doesn’t go and declare an end to history (clearly a few songs short of a Bob Dylan album...)

Then lo! Russia goes mafioso. Banks bet our shirts - and lose. Commies buy up every budget deficit in sight. Who needs tanks when you already own the shares? The West wins every battle it fights - and loses every war.

Never mind. We may be down now, but the wheel’s still in spin...

There are no rotten walls in this country! (Our masons say so).

We’ve built our houses on moral high ground! (Our human rights say so).

Firm foundations - competence and compassion! (Our government says so).

We are literate and lightning-witted! (Our schools say so).

Who am I to see or hear
Merely with my eye and ear?

Oh what can stop our Great Come Back? I look around this great nation of ours and see... Oh... Starvation or revolution it is then... I’ll try the starvation route first. I’ll let you know where that gets me...

No comments:

Post a Comment