Thursday 18 November 2010

Chris Port Blog #11: Marty Gull Song #4. The Unteachable Star!

© Chris Port, 2010, martygull.co.uk
All rights reserved.

To teach the impregnable mind
To fight the tyrannical Head
To bear an unbearable airhead
To run like a slave ‘til you’re dead
To mark this unreadable crap
To smoke a quick fag in your car
To try when your eyes are too bleary
To teach the unteachable class

This is my test, to swallow my pride
To put up with bitches, to put up with spite
To get them to write, when they can’t even spell
To be willing to sit through an evening of parents and hell!

And I know if I’ll only get through this depression of mine
That my life will have meant something more
Than just killing the time

And the girl will be better for this
That one man bored with bullies and tarts
Still burned with delusion and passion
To teach the unteachable... staaaar!


The Impossible Dream from Man of La Mancha

No comments:

Post a Comment