Thursday 18 November 2010

Chris Port Blog #9: Marty Gull Song #3. Foolish Teacher!


© Chris Port, 2010, martygull.co.uk
All rights reserved.


The moment you walked in the school
I could tell you were a
fool with a weakness
a mental illness
So trusting, oh so kind
The bullies were lining up
to thrust the knife from behind
So let me get right to the crutch
I don’t drop a dork
in shit like other sluts
Foolish teacher!
Teach this little girl ‘bout stuff

Wouldn't you like to do mus-ic-als?
Hows about a new muse, muse?
I could sing you a good tune
Let me sing you a good tune

The moment you walked in the class
I could see you were a man on a mission
with something missing
So wounded, so depressed
Say wouldn’t it be a laugh to see
that mind in a mess
So let me get right to the heart
I just love your art and all that other stuff
Foolish teacher!
Foolish teacher!
Foolish teacher!
Teach this little girl 'bout love...


Big Spender! from Sweet Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment