Tuesday 23 November 2010

Chris Port Blog #51: Marty Gull Song #24. Chick Argot Tango

© Chris Port, 2010, martygull.co.uk.
All rights reserved.

Art
Sex
Act
Ratboy
Musical
Bitches

You know how teachers have these little talents that get you down. Like Gully. Gully liked to write poetry. No, not write. Spew. Well, I came in late one day and I am really moody, and looking for a little tragedy, and there’s Gully exhausted, depressed, off his head on pills and writin’. No, not writin’. Spewin’. So, I said to him, I said, “Gully, help me with my writin’...” And he did! So I took the poem he wrote me to the Head. He got a written warning ... into his heart.

I met Marty Gull from Southside College about two years ago and he told me he went to Drama school and I fed him a line right away. So, he started helping me. He’d lend me things, I’d play helpless, he’d give me advice. Well, it was like a greenhouse in that small hot room. And then he found out. “Actress” I told him. Actress my ass. Not only was it musicals. Oh no, I had an ego. One of those bitches. So that day he told me off for bunking, I sniffled like a beaten child. You know, some guys just can’t hold their conscience! 

I guess you can say I stitched him up over musical differences.
He saw me as an actress, and I saw myself as a star.

The dirty man, man, man, man, man
The dirty man, man, man, man, man



Cell Block Tango from Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment