Monday 22 November 2010

Chris Port Blog #31: Marty Gull Song #14. The Old Southside

© Chris Port, 2010, martygull.co.uk.
All rights reserved.

Southside High Street
Oh concrete ruin
Flowing with puddles of urine
Always the council tax owing
Always the Polish accents growing
And the weather blowing
And the mothers swearing
And the muggers staring
I like a pint in the daytime
Smoking a joint in school playtime!

I like to be in the old Southside
Taking a pee in the old Southside
Plenty to see in the old Southside
If you’re like me in the old Southside!

I ride around like I’m Don Juan
I know an ass you can ride on
School girls are white in the surburb
Make sure you crawl by the right kerb!

Music is loud in the old Southside
Few strippers proud in the old Southside
Trippers and cloud in the old Southside
Immigrants crowd in the old Southside!

Lots of dark faces are seen now
Less of the white race about town
How can you tell the right goodie?
He’s the one wearing a hoodie!

Life’s a bit shit in the old Southside
On benefit in the old Southside
No working fit in the old Southside
On walking sticks in the old Southside!

Here is religion without creed
Rolling a rizla with strong weed
Looking at the plasma TV
Like you’re hooked up to an IV!

We all belong in the old Southside
Singing a song in the old Southside
Something is wrong in the old Southside
BNP strong in the old Southside!

I think I'll go back to Poland
Nothing for me, this is no land
Fit for a hero who fought for
The RAF in the last war!

No comments:

Post a Comment